Sabtu, 20 Januari 2018

A Special Delivery . . . . In Smart Fur Accessories



vintage winter wear


When my mum and I finally wrapped up (no pun intended) all of our holiday shopping and shipped a thing or two as well, we were relieved to be all done. Not only that but we had shipped a surprise down to my Sister who was spending the holidays away from home this year. With that said, that outing inspired this post a little bit and I decided it would be fun to do a little post with some of my vintage post cards and a little present too. I found these post cards are not from the 40s but are from 1908 – 1910. I found them for very little and love the amount of detail in them . . . Some of them are in relief, some have glitter, some are quit textured, and some have such brilliant color too. Also, many of them still have their original stamp and note. One of them tells that Paul is coming home . . . Another from Harold telling that his younger brother, Andy, is not feeling well. Another is from Mary inquiring if her package home arrived.  Oh the little stories these simple cards do tell.
vintage winter wear

vintage winter wear

vintage winter wear


For this post too, another winter outfit. When these shots were taken, the snow was starting to melt a little bit creating a sloppy mess but the snow will most certainly be sticking around for a while yet. For this winter look, my tan coat, brown felt hat, fur scarf, fur collared over shoes, and some festive red berries. Overall, a simple look that looks smart and is still warm. I kept to a simple color palate here working with mostly browns and because I wanted an excuse to wear my little over shoes. . …  I love these because they look so cute and they even have their original box and tissue. They also slip over whatever I have on in terms of pumps. . .see the heel?
vintage winter wear

vintage winter wear

vintage winter wear


The fur scarf was a real treat to find because it has a metal ring and faux gem stone for that extra touch for securing the scarf around my neck. That way, I do not have to fuss with it throughout the day. Better yet, the fur was in great condition. I looks mighty rich too does it not? And it kind of matches the fur of the over shoes too.  . . . I have no idea what year that scarf came from and quite frankly I don't care. . .It looks great.
vintage winter wear

vintage winter wear



vintage winter wear


 
vintage winter wear
 
vintage winter wear