Sabtu, 20 Januari 2018

Antiquing in the City





Last weekend, my aunt decided that it would be a great idea to get together with my mum, sister, and me to do a little antiquing in the city. Since we loved the idea of seeing her again and since we seldom head out to the city, we heartily agreed. Grand Rapids, here we come! We had so much fun checking out all the antique places my aunt frequented . . ..so many treasures to be had! One stop, our first actually, was my favorite. City Antiques located along E. Fulton is a charming antique/ vintage/ resale shop with incredible finds and at incredibly fair prices. The staff are also exceptional  in every way. Very friendly and helpful. So what can one expect at City Antiques? When you enter through the door of City Antiques you are greeted with beautiful and cleverly decorated chandeliers, glass cases filled with gorgeous vintage and antique jewelry, and some gorgeous vintage hats and furs that line the walls.  . . .that only covers the first floor. On the second floor some more fantastic finds for the more modern gal along with some nice glass wear (which can be found on the first floor as well). Personally, I thought that this was the perfect place to start an antiquing extravaganza in the Grand Rapids area. 

So, what did I buy? I purchased an incredible black bird tilt hat (which you can see below), a unique 40s find that I plan to get a lot of use out of and a brown bag with the most - lovely handles. When I saw the hat in a glass case, I knew right away that I wanted to take a closer look at it. Upon further investigation and trying it on (of course) I just had to take it home with me. The bag was one I saw and that too I just had to have. It was one I had been looking for a while and this one was just the ticket. I am so happy with them. I also took home the most dashing little celluloid Scottie dogs on little “leashes” that I will turn into a pin. They are just too cute. Actually there was a lot of darling celluloid pieces.
Picture from my Aunt - thank you!