Sabtu, 20 Januari 2018

Product Review: Royal Vintage Shoes





I have heard a great deal about these shoes and I just had to try them out for myself. I mean, you can only go so long until you have to try something for yourself, right? After being a longtime admirer of their shoes, there were two pairs that really caught my eye. The first pair was the alligator pump in brown. I have been on the hunt for a pair of alligator pumps for years. No kidding. The one time I found a pair of originals, they were too big. Figures. So I just had to order these. Not only that, but my great grandmother also had a pair of beloved alligator pumps (with matching hand bag) . The other pair was the ever classic two toned spectator in cream and brown. I know it seems rather ambitious to order two pairs of shoes but I thought go big or go home.
An outfit worn with the Alligator Pump

The Alligator Pump


So, what do I think of Royal Vintage’s Alligator pump and Spectator? How about their quality? Price? Shipping? Was their product accurately advertised? Well, after reading their advertisement thoroughly and comparing that with their product they were very accurate. Exactly as described. The shoes do indeed feel like leather and the construction is top notch. For the alligator pump in brown, they look amazing and the sizes are accurate. I would note though that I think the shoe could have been a touch smaller on my 6.5 foot but a smaller size would have been much too small. I adjusted the sling back and they wear very well. The Spectator was advertised as running large so order a smaller size. I ordered the size 6 and the shoe fits very well. Both are very comfortable although do need that break in period.
An outfit worn with the Spectator Pump

The Spectator Pump


Price. $150.00 for a pair of shoes may seem really high but really that is what the market is for a pair of nice, leather shoes. Personally, after wearing these shoes for myself, the price is worth it. They also came with replacement taps for when the heels wear out. Leather. Leather will last longer than any synthetic material. Not only that but it will look nicer longer too. The color on these shoes is really nice too, I have to admit. Not only that but the coloring is consistent and the leather tooling very good. Another sign of quality.

 
Shipping. Did my shoes arrive on time? Well for what I paid, I wanted these to come on time, as in 3 days. Did they make it? Yes they did. In nice boxes too with peach lolliepops.

Overall, I am very happy to own not one pair but two pairs of Royal Vintage Shoes. I have many original shoes in my collection that I wear on a daily basis and these look just like them. The quality is a rival to the originals these are based on and I got a lot of compliments on these too.  . . .To break my new Spectators in, my sister and I went to the mall . . .Plenty of walking, trust me. These shoes generated a lot of positive attention and were even photographed more than once! Not only that but one girl I talked to even recognized them as Royal Vintage and loved the brand as well. A good buy and I plan on buying more in the future.

One thing I wish Royal Vintage would do is make hand bags. . .I think they would make a killing offering matching handbag with some of their shoes. . . . .just a thought. . . I mean sometimes finding a good vintage bag can be beastly. I know shoes and bags don’t have to match but they just look nicer, yes?