Sabtu, 20 Januari 2018

The Deutsche Moden Zeitung Dress


1940s sewing German
Here is the dress you all have been waiting for, or maybe not . . .This one was one for the books that was for sure. . . .or the magazine.  Making it was one thing, and a welcomed challenge too. Pulling the pattern out of that mangled mess of lines, figuring the pattern, and adding the finishing touches took me about a couple of days to do making this one of my longest sewing projects. For how this one came together, look here. Was the result worth it? I most certainly think so.

1940s sewing German
I have already talked about this look quite a bit in the past so I don't think there is much to say about this  here aside from what it was like to wear it. . . .After putting it on, my sister noticed that the hem was a little wonky . . .something I could not notice because I don't have a full length mirror. . .I just have to guess. 
 I am a little bummed about that to be honest but oh well . . .but will have to fix that later . .. .. I learned this material is incredibly light  ... . . and fluffy . . ..it flows easily and that was surprised how light it was. I wore a brooch on the shoulder and that really too heavy for the top . . . . creating some interesting sagging.
1940s sewing German
 Aside from the pin, I also wore some sparkle 30s screw back earrings, double strand of pearls, 30s bonnet in velvet, and my 40s cobra  pumps.  To round out the look, brown suede gloves and my basic brown bag. The lady on the cover had a fur, silver fox I am sure, and I would have loved to have worn mine but chose to omit it today .... .really it was too warm for it. . .
Deutsche Moden Zeitung
The Cover and Pattern

1940s sewing German
The only front facing picture of the dress . . .
you can see the skirt . . .

1940s sewing German

1940s sewing German
For summer, for fall, and maybe even spring and winter this dress is possibly a year round number . . .all I have to do is change up the accessories and bam! A new look . . . A velvet bonnet and fur for fall . . .a straw hat and ivory pumps for summer . . .  Maybe some black pumps and jewelry for winter? This dress will have many lives. I only wish my hem came out EVEN! Darnnit! But. As a whole, I am really happy with this dress . . .
1940s sewing German

1940s Fashion, sewing German