Sabtu, 20 Januari 2018

A Suit for Chicago . . .Well, More Than One Really. . .



Over the blueberry season, my mom, sister, and I needed to have some much needed girl time with my aunt. The result? An incredible trip to Chicago organized by my aunt (thank you! I had so much fun!). Hearing of heading down to a city, this farm girl and ugly dame wanted to head down in style. So what does style mean to this girl? A whole suitcase full of suits of course! Suits for all occasions, oh and a dress too, to fashionably work this trip.
To start the two night trip, I chose this original 40s suit from a friend (thank you!) that I have just started to wear much more often. What prevented me from wearing it before was that I had no idea what to wear with it!  Sooo . . what do I wear with it? Well, after much strife, I have started to wear it with dark brown and green (of all colors). Such a casual, easy suit to wear! There are many details that I love about this suit such as the pleats in the back of the jacket that add in a great deal of wearing ease and detail all in one swoop. The buttons on the sleeves are a nice touch too.

Due to the ease of this suit, I thought it was just too perfect to start the trip with a stop in Michigan City for shopping and arriving at the hotel.  Later that evening, we changed for dinner and a live show. My outfit of choice was my favorite navy wool suit, cobra skin pumps, and simple pearl jewelry. I really love this suit! It too was a gift from a friend and is from the late 40s and possibly early 50s. . .believe it or not it's a junior suit.




The next day consisted of some serious shopping. For day two, I went with my navy blue wool dress, a Lutterloh make of course which I will talk more about later. With this dress, went my little black felt hat, T strap pumps, and my black hand bag. While Shopping, we walked the entire Magnificent Mile, and hit the Randolph Street antique market where I hit the vintage mother load!! I ended up taking home with me three suits, a felt hat, and an original 40s bra. The suits and hat were all made in Chicago making them a marvelous souvenir for this vintage lover.




Day three we headed home. . .I chose to wear my black and grey suit from Kriegsende Militaria . .. a complete impulse buy that I do not regret. With it, my little black hat, bag, and my pumps. I adore the pockets and the velvet piping on this suit.


What a trip! I had so much fun and the hotel was beautiful. I used the staircase a lot for my pictures as you can see because it was truly stunning. . more so in person than in picture. The city was wild. Just wild. The towers, the people, and the surroundings as  a whole. I regret to say that I did not take more pictures but Chicago must truly be experienced in person I think . . and this was actually my first time ever on the big city! What an experience.  . . that's all for now.  . .time to recover.