Sabtu, 20 Januari 2018

A Faux Bolero Dress


1940s Lutterloh
From 1941, a faux bolero dress in a green and white check.  When I first saw the original illustration, I really fell in love with it and wanted to replicate it much like I did in the image  . . well, fabric wise at least. Overall, this was really simple to make and I do plan on making it again with a few variations possibly. The only thing that I found to be a little tricky was lining up the front pieces and taking in the back a great deal to accommodate for my narrow frame.  

1940s Lutterloh
This garment was also one of my first Lutterloh makes too. I originally made it to be a Thanksgiving day look but I quickly learned that this look could be worn on almost any occasion. Here, I paired it with red shoes and a green hat. Would you believe it that I don't have a pair of red gloves or a red hat?? I think I can remedy the glove situation thought easily with some white gloves (of which I have many) and some red dye.
Before I forget, the original illustration:


1940s Lutterloh