Sabtu, 20 Januari 2018

A Draped Dress in Teal




I made this frock awhile ago but now, finally, have an opportunity to show it off . Made from a 1940 Lutterloh pattern, I knew I wanted to make this one up out of something soft with a good drape. A rayon challis in a medium to dusty blue teal was just the ticket. Below, the original illustration.
What attracted me to this one the most was the bodice and the sleeve. I loved the soft folds of the drapes on the asymmetrical bodice and flow of the sleeve. The contrasting look given in the illustration was interesting but I opted for a more solid dress. Making up this pattern was rather complicated in that there were a few different ways this one could be assembled. . .finding the most efficient and clean way to do so was tricky. One change I made to my pattern was that I added more fullness to the pattern to make the drapes on my bodice look more full.

To complete my look, I went with dark brown and cream accessories with a subtle splash of color. By hand bag and shoes are dark to bring out the streak of brown in the cream gloves  and my hat and coat are in a cream. For the color, a small corsage of flowers with hints of green and orange. My jewelry was simple: pearls. My hair was kept in place with an invisible hairnet.  . .what would I do with out it?
I think I need to wear this dress more often as I don't wear it enough. Would I make the pattern again? Possibly but it is rather unique.