Sabtu, 20 Januari 2018

A Furry Tilt and Touches of Red





I found this amazing tilt hat at an antique fair a couple months ago and although it is a fall/winter hat, I could not resist a garment post with it now.  I love this hat, and it is one I have been looking for for a looong time. I love the fur and the overall shape of the hat. This hat tilts to the front quite a bit but it can be worn as tilted as one would like. It was a little more than what I wanted to pay but sometimes you have to shell out for great pieces like this. The back is charming too with the asymmetrical bow and cut outs. I definitely have some things I can wear it with too, another reason I bought it.




Today, I offer this hat with an original 40s suit in medium dark tan with subtle hints of blue and red in the weave. To enhance the red, I chose a red necklace, earrings (found at the same antique fair), and gloves (same fair too).



I chose a dark brown shoe, my alligator pumps, to tie in the fur of the hat and a brown bag. I am also excited about these red gloves found at the same antique fair as the hat (I also found an incredible corde clutch bag) because I have been looking for a pair of red gloves for nearly a YEAR now. For whatever reason, a good pair of plain red gloves are a real bear to find. Every time I do find them they are either embellished for too worn out to be worn well. Finally, I have a pair. I know I can wear these with so many things (especially in the winter!).
my new corde bag and gloves

the earrings