Sabtu, 20 Januari 2018

A Double Collar




This is a collar that you have seen before here but this time I offer to you the pattern to make it. To make it, you will need the ruler and instructions. Both of which you can find here.
This collar is very easy to make and it is all in one piece. Once it is scaled out, place the line 'H.M.' on the fold - that will make it your center back of the collar. 
Once it is cut out, you can hem it or simple apply trim right on it (like I did for mine). For mine, I trimmed mine out to make it look like the collar was in two parts by trimming the lower half first and then the upper half.
I added a little ribbon bow on mine but a little hook and eye would work as well.
For trims, there are a lot of options for you to choose from. I prefer to use lace or fine white cotton eyelet. Self fabric ruffles and even embroidery works as well and is very period too. Check out the collars and cuffs here for more inspiration.