Sabtu, 20 Januari 2018

Product Review: What Katie Did











To check out this store, follow the linked name. When I first entered the world of vintage, this place came up first so I figured why not right. I purchased a garter belt, 1 pair of fully fashioned seamed nylons and some of their vintage/ retro pairs with the contrast seams. The garter belt was a great buy and one I do not regret one bit. I wear it everyday and it has held up incredibly well.


The retro seamed, high contrast back seamed nylons were like any other nylons in terms of texture and they ran like regular nylons too. I found that the toe portions got holes in them right away so I was a touched disappointed in that considering the price. The pantyhose were nice too but same deal. I think I got about 6 months worth of  everyday wear/ tear out of them. 


For a first introduction to seamed stockings, I would  recommend them. I also got a lot of complements on them. Their price is fair too considering seamed stockings are not the easiest item to find. Their fully fashioned ones when I bought them were $30/ pair which I thought was really high but they are made on original machines last I looked them up. Very good quality.


Overall, a nice buy but they run large to me. I would consider myself petite so if you are too, then get a size down what they suggest. The garter belt too, I would buy it again but a size smaller. The fully fashioned stockings I hardly wear because too big. I won't  return them though just because I hate the fuss.


A nice plus side to them is their all female support team. As a whole, they have a really nice, high quality line of vintage, reproduction lingerie but I feel much of it is period inspired more than authentic period reproductions.


Would I buy from them again? I liked their supportive garments and would like to buy a girdle from them eventually. Their other undergarments look lovely too . . .