Sabtu, 20 Januari 2018

Summer Whites


August .  . . . the last ring for summer and of course the final month of an accumulation of stifling heat. The tail end of summer makes me think of white. White dresses, white blouses, white wide legged trousers and the fact that I do not have any white dresses, white wide legged trousers but plenty of white blouses. But, I would love a white summer dress and maybe a pair of white wide legged trousers (if I can prevent myself from dropping food on said garments).  I think my desire to have such garments stems from the idea I think they are refreshing, light, and that white naturally reflects light (and heat). White seams to be the perfect summer color. Today, I offer you some inspiration for white summer clothes . . enjoy!

1940s fashion
Isn't that white dress on the end so refreshing?
I have had on the books for awhile now a dress in white but have not settled yet on a design. I have plenty of patterns at my disposal but I think that is the reason why I have not picked one yet. Simply too many choices. I think a shirtwaist dress would be quite nice but I have so many of those already . . .I considered a more unique design and that I may do. . .but I am not sure yet either.  . .. which takes me to this post  today. I wanted some inspiration for white summer dresses to get me in gear to make my own.
1940s fashion


1940s fashion
Although not a dress, a two piece suit dress would be a grand idea.

1940s fashion



1940s fashion
I love the idea of a white eyelet. . .that would be new!

1940s fashion

1940s fashion
1940s fashion

1940s fashion

When looking for white dress inspiration, I found a lot of nautical ideas as well. I can't help but to admire the little suits, how playful and fun they seem to be! They also give be an idea to trim the white dress in a color of some sort like red, blue, or something else. I have considered a dark green.  . . It would be so easy to do too. I have plenty of colorful buttons, buckles, and bias tape in a multitude of colors. If I chose to do a color, I am sure that I will compare it to my accessories, I want to make a complete look if I can. Or, at least a cohesive one.
1940s fashion
As for the material, cotton was an obvious choice but I am now considering maybe a linen. Linen is such a nice summer material as it breaths incredibly well. If I do anything, I may do white linen trousers and a white cotton dress. So many sewing project ideas, so little time!