Sabtu, 20 Januari 2018

A Suit in Red




For my Grandpa's 80th birthday party, I decided to dress up a little bit in my cherry red suit.
I found this late 40s, early 50s suit in an antique mall in northern Michigan, fitting considering the northern Michigan area is known for cherries and this is a cherry red suit.  When I first saw it, I actually passed on it and then purchased it almost four months later. I have to say, I am very thrilled that I have it, I think every girl ought to have a red suit anyway. The overall lines of this particular suit are pretty simple and straight forward. to really add a unique touch to this suit, the shawl collar adds some detail to it and so do the little bits of sparkle on the collar and faux pockets. The material is a fine wool.

Paired with this look, I choose my original 40s pumps in brown leather, simple pearl jewelry, and a hair flower to spunk up my new hair style. Oh, and of course some seamed stockings.

 
I have admired this look for I don't know how long and have struggled with trying to achieve it for almost a year. It was so frustrating! Then, I found the answer through experimentation one day. To achieve this style is so deceptively easy! All I did was put my hair in pin curls, focusing them on the front and top of my head. Next, I pulled the pins out in the morning, pushed the curls upward, and secured with pins. Viola! I did not pull the curls out too much although I did tease them a touch. For a little extra I added a pink and white flower.  So easy to do!