Sabtu, 20 Januari 2018

Summer Play Clothes According to Der Goldene Schnitt





Summer clothes, playsuits, and swim wear in Der Goldene Schnitt? Well of course. Let’s not forget an outfit for bike riding too. All of these can be found in the pages of Der Goldene Schnitt to be made up at home. Since the summer months are upon us, I thought this month would be a grand opportunity to feature the summer play clothes. These are interesting and complex as some can be made into active wear and then adjusted for simple street wear. It would appear that these clothes were designed to give their owner maximum wear ability for as long as they needed. This versatility can be seen in adding a skirt over the shorts of playsuits creating a play look to a street look.
1940s German Fashion
The first outfit, or outfits, could easily be a miniature collection and I definitely want to give this one some attention. The first garment is a bra like top paired with a buttoned skirt to create a charming beach outfit. The second look is a short sleeved top sewn with shorts to create a playsuit, Over the play suit, the buttoned skirt can be worn over the shorts of he play suit for a sharp, summer street look. Plate is from 1940.
Personally, I am not in need of beach/ summer wear but I may have to make this set up. I think I have the perfect material and notions. . .stay tuned! Who knows, I may have a  use for it once made up anyway.
1940s German Fashion
Bike ride anyone? I guessing that is what this look is . . .
1940s German Fashion
I am guessing that this is a tennis outfit but it could easily be a play suit too. The button dress featured along side it can be worn over the play suit or else just the skirt to cover the shorts.  

1940s German Fashion
This look gave me a little confusion for awhile as I tried to figure out what it was. After looking at the pattern, it came to me that this was a swim suit! In the pattern, the bottoms are not included but there are other patterns in the book that can be used just fine.


That's it for German play wear. Kind of a short post I know but you have to admit that Der Goldene Schnitt has some great variety for women, yes? Street wear, play wear, sleep wear, and so much more.  . .