Sabtu, 20 Januari 2018

A Most Lovely Suit in Grey


While in Chicago, I picked up three incredible vintage suits and a hat to wear with them. This is one of them and I am so thrilled about it. From the  40s/ 50s, based on the styling and length of the skirt (which I am in love with). According to the lady I purchased these suits from, these garments had a very interesting history. Apparently, their original owner was a model for Sears and after a shoot was given the option to buy the suits at a discount. This lady had so many suits that many were never worn and still had their tags. This suit was one of them, and yes, it still has all of its original tags. Best part is that all of my suits, this one included, was made in Chicago (so was the hat)

I love the skirt on this suit the most, it is all pleated! Is that not incredible! The craftsmanship of this garment is lovely and it fits like a glove (almost like it was made for me). Paired with this suit are my original 40s pumps in snake skin, brown suede gloves, and my new hat .  .which just so happens to match my gloves perfectly. For jewelry, I kept it simple with a pair of pearl drops.

How could I forget the tags? Below are the original tags depicting the fiber content and the size of the suit.