Sabtu, 20 Januari 2018

Glad to be in Plaid


This is another fantastic suit that I picked up in Chicago and I love this one. In fact, this one might be my favorite. From the 40s, and possibly the 50s, the original owner of this suit was a model for Sears in the 1940s and well into the 1950s. She was also an avid clothes collector who did not wear all of her collection.

Personally, I think the most fantastic thing about this suit is that all the plaids match up perfectly. On the skirt, the jacket, the sleeves, the collar, everywhere - a true piece of evidence depicting talent and craftsmanship. If you look closely, the details in this suit and never ending. The little loops mimicking pockets, the dainty cuffs on the sleeves, and the buttons. You will note that not all the buttons are the same - some are darker and some lighter to correspond to their location on the jacket. The skirt is a narrow pencil skirt, no back vent.


To accessorize this suit, I chose my brown felt hat, matching suede gloves, and original 40s cobra skin pumps. I chose simple brown accessories this time simply because it is fall. I could even wear red with this suit too if I wanted too due to the subtle red in the plaid. You can't see them in the pictures of the garment itself but I wore my silver acorn and leave screw back earrings - perfect for fall, yes? Below, you can see them much better. To me, they look like they were meant to be worn with this suit.