Sabtu, 20 Januari 2018

Blue Skirt in Wool



The fall colors here in Michigan are really starting to show here and I thought what a perfect opportunity to show off one of the projects I made over the summer.  From 1941, a simple wool skirt in a rather colorful print. As a whole this was a super easy project and I think perfect for fall because of the bold colors.  Below, the original illustration (the striped skirt):
I received this material from a friend who wanted to unload some of her stash and when I got it, it was originally meant to be a pair of pants. Since I loved the color and the print of the wool as a whole, I knew I wanted to do something with it but was rather stumped, particularly because I did not want to do pants with it. Paging through my book, this skirt really jumped out at me because it was simple enough that the skirt would not be too overpowering as a whole. One element I did add to the skirt to play with the stripe was that I added some faux pockets to the front. Like the original illustration, I added a yellow pearl buckle.  
To go with this skirt, I wore my blouse, which you have seen before, my yellow sweater, a reddish turban, and although you can't see them well here my red delft screw back earrings and matching brooch. very fun look, yes?