Sabtu, 20 Januari 2018

A Double Breasted Wool Dress



 

I love this dress and it is one of my early Lutterloh makes From 1942, I made this dress from a navy dress weight wool that has a very subtle plaid running through it. When I saw this pattern, I was incredibly excited because I saw it as the perfect opportunity to use these large buttons and matching buckle. Do they not look just lovely? They really make the look, I think. This was a really easy pattern to make and one that I do plan on making up again. There is something about it that I think really says winter/fall outfit, yes?  



As you can see, there is a matching jacket to this look that I did not do here. As cute as it is, I am not planning on the jacket anytime too soon. I should mention that the fur details are lovely. Here in the original illustration is a collar on the dress, which I find to be quite charming.

As you can see here, I added an antique shop find instead. This collar is my favorite collar and I wear it often. I love the little sparkles and pearls on it. To pick up on the pearls on the collar, I wore my little triple pearl screw back earrings. Anyway, back to the collar. I really liked the idea of having such a personalized collar with initials like shown in the picture so expect a tutorial soon . . . .