Sabtu, 20 Januari 2018

Winter Fuzzies


I found these charming winter accessories in an antique mall in Northern Michigan and just had to take them home. These winter fuzzies are a white rabbit fur beret and scarf. I do have a muff that matches them but forget to wear them today. Personally, I think they wear best with my cream wool coat.

Dressing vintage in the winter is definitely a challenge I think simply because finding all the right pieces and being warm enough can be not only expensive but hard to store in the off season. For me, finding pieces that I will be warm enough in is my biggest challenge and not so much the storage. Fur pieces store really well in round hat boxes in my own experience. To maintain the fluff, some acid free tissue paper is not a bad idea.
For today, I just could not resist squeezing in a small photoshoot before the snow began to fly again . . . yes it was quite cold but worth it I think. . . .Due to the cold, I wore my tights that I think have a nice similarity to some wool/ cotton stockings I have that are originals. Easy and having a period look, I could not resist wearing them today.  . .along with some victory rolls that turned out quite swell today.

Stay warm out there folks . . .