Sabtu, 20 Januari 2018

A Suit in Green and Cream Stripe






This post is, quite frankly a tad late as the photos were taken last fall. Although it is almost spring, I thought now would be a nice time to show off this rather spring inspired suit. This suit was from a friend who was cleaning out her stash and I am happy to say that finally I am wearing it. When I first got this particular suit, there was some work that had to be done to it which consisted of sewing a button back on and shortening the sleeves. I was concerned about the button at first because it was a front button that seemed to be long lost. . .to remedy that, I figured I would remove one of the buttons from the cuff and then remove the other cuff button to even them out.


After a little “investigating” (or looking at the lining I should say), I found the missing button! As you could have guessed, I was rather relieved. After that, I turned up the sleeves each a good inch, inch and a half and moved the cuff buttons up. That was the bulk of the sewing I had to do with it.  The suit is, I think, a little too big on me but I do like it a great deal and will be wearing it a little more in the future. There is a little staining and spotting on it that needs to be addressed, but I will take care of that in the future. . .  . . Overall, this is a lovely suit from the late to mid- 40s I think. The shoulder pocket details are really interesting too. To complete this look, I wore my cream felt bonnet, cream wool coat (not pictured here), and my edelweiss clip on earrings.