Sabtu, 20 Januari 2018

A Stroll in the Park in an Original 50s Suit



original 1950s suit


A drizzle of rain in the morning, a splash of sunshine in the afternoon a brief luncheon later in the day. . .no matter the weather or event, this lavender wool suit could go anywhere. Today I offer you another original suit that has a home in my collection. Where did this one come from? This one came from Dandelion Vintage as a part of some retail therapy. Why this one? One of my favorite colors just so happens to be purple and I did not have a purple suit in my collection already. But, now I do and what a nice addition.
original 1950s suit

original 1950s suit
For these pictures, I went with a more 50s flavoring since this is a 50s suit and definitely has some 50s suit characteristics in the construction. So, I chose a 50s hat, my spectators (they go with every decade really, 50s/ 60s gloves, and a 50s pin from my great grandmother. She adores sparkly jewelry. Although you many or may not be able to tell in this suit, it really creates that nipped in waist look so common in the 50s with darting and expert seaming.  

original 1950s suit

original 1950s suit


 Earlier I the day it rained (and yes, I am aware of Prince's 'Purple Rain') so I chose to wear a trench coat. This coat came form the farm closet and has sat there for years after my grandmother passed (she owned many excellent coats and this is just one of them). Although I think this coat is a little big on me, it fits comfortably and is nice and warm. It also has a nice vintage look too even though it is definitely modern. It did not rain all day though and I ended up wearing it on my arm for the photos here. Boy is that a heavy sucker.



 
original 1950s suit

Centennial Park, Holland MI

 
original 1950s suit

 This is my first time wearing this trench coat and I think it will have to be kept in my closet for now on (safe keeping you know – wink, wink).

Centennial Park, Holland MI