Sabtu, 20 Januari 2018

Century Antiques





Antiquing in the city included a visit to Century antiques, which, I learned is three malls in one. This was not the first time I had heard of this place before, in fact my mom and I had tried to find it before but with no luck. With my aunt, we finally found it! What a place. Located in a rather odd spot and quite hard to find (we never would have been able to find this place without my aunt) we discovered an incredible selection of antiques and vintage. So much in fact it takes two days to go through the whole warehouse that is divided into three distinct shops. When I first heard it takes at least two days, I thought it was a joke but oi was I wrong. . .it really does. So what can one find here? Well, a little bit of everything, no kidding here. I found some nice vintage Pyrex, silver serving pieces, and an incredible deco cigarette stand to name a few items. Each shop has, I think, a distinct flavor to it in that they each favor a certain kind of items. The first one had what I was more into with classic vintage items. The second was more geared toward the 60s and 70s with groovy furniture and nick- nacks and the last one a little bit of everything including some more “modern items” or flea market items. Over all, a great place for treasure hunting although a touch overwhelming at first.
doing a little shopping at Warehouse One , image source


Where can these places be found? Take a look:

Warehouse One located on 49 Century Ave

Century Antiques located on 445 Century Ave

Lost and Found located on 445 Century Ave SW