Sabtu, 20 Januari 2018

Ohhh It's Chilly!




I think when it comes to vintage, the things we all love most of all are the glamourous looks that graced the covers of magazines and silver screens. But, what about that more everyday look worn by the countless many? What about the clothes worn by those sitting in the theater seats and those paging through the magazines? Today I wanted to show off my own everyday vintage look that is made up of home made pieces, real vintage, and even an 80s does 40s pieces to show off some more everyday 40s fashion. For this look, it was chilly out there so I chose layers, layers, and layers.  But what can I expect when we are inching ever closer to winter.


To start, I wore a made by me plaid skirt and over that a knitted sweater I found antiquing not that long ago. To top that off, I green sweater I found years ago and have worn many, many times.
For going out and about, I chose a heavy camel wool coat that belonged to me grandmother and I think is an 80s piece but not sure. This is a nice coat and has kept me plenty warm over the years since her passing. . . Grandma loved her clothes  .. . .and good clothes too . . For a hat, I chose my felt hat from Chicago because it hugs the head well. For a pop of color, some red screw back earrings and red bead necklace which you can't see to well here . . .
For leg and foot wear, I chose a knitted stocking (a modern find but a close to a period knitted stocking) and my tie on shoes.
There is very little about this look that is truly glamourous but it is most practical and is my everyday. For the most part, I seldom am wearing dresses in the winter but I do have in the books some wool winter dresses. One of which I hope to get up here soon. What I do rely on for winter dress are separates and suits and sweaters and coats.