Sabtu, 20 Januari 2018

Button Back Plaid Skirt




For my winter, and everyday, wardrobe, I need more plaids. Well, at least I think so. Enter this back buttoning plaid skirt from a 1949 Lutterloh pattern. I was really happy with how this skirt turned out and I think it looks really charming too. The buttons down the back really add that whimsical touch and have that great 40s/ 50s look too. Better yet, I was able to flew my plaid matching skills and I think I did and all right job if it.



The material is actually not that great for winter ironically but it has some great winter colors like blues, reds, and white. There is even a hint of grey in it which all around, I can pair this skirt with so much. The material is, I think, a cotton blend but I am not sure. It feel nice and has a little bit of a nobby - ness to it that really gives it that vintage touch I think. as for the buttons, antique shop find in a deep blue that really worked well for the plaids. Better yet, the buttons are flat enough that when I sit down, I can't feel them but  they are not too flat that they look blah. Below, the original illustration:
As you can  see, the original was done in a plaid as well but I did not cut mine on the bias simply because I did not have enough to do so. I kind of cut it close on this one . . .Also, in all honesty I had this material ear marked for another skirt but did not have the material for it. . .so that's why I did this one. I did add a little more fullness to mine to make it more A line rather than like a pencil skirt. I loved the button back and as you an see, I definitely kept that! Overall, this skirt came together really well and there is not much to say about it. . .

Paired with the skirt, an 80s does 40s knit jumper, a navy blue sweater, and some fun fur accessories because it was snowing. I also chose my cheery red pumps for this look for an added bit of color. For more of my playing of the color red, I wore sparkly red earrings (which you cannot see, I know). The furs are a white or a little off white depending on the lighting. The hat and scarf are, based on the style of label, from about the 70s white the muff is a real 40s original. Both are rabbit. . . and quite soft and snuggly too. So, the hat, the scarf, and the muff were made decades apart and yet  they look like they were just made to go together weren't they?  I think that's the nice thing about vintage, piece from all over can just come together so seamlessly at times.


Overall, a nice fun winter outfit  . . . . and by switching out the accessories, I could easily wear this skirt in the spring or summer. So, for more of this skirt, I guess you will have to stay tuned. Oh yes, the hair! I was really happy with how my hair turned out this time. I did three victory rolls on one side, then one on the other. The hair in the back was teased out and then contained in a super fine hairnet. Not too bad eh?