Sabtu, 20 Januari 2018

A Winter Outfit


vintage winter wear


Well, winter has finally arrived this week which means breaking out the coats and assorted winter wear. Today, a quick winter outfit of mine that is one of my favorites. This outfit has warmth, color, and of course rich textures that can only really come alive in the winter months when it is cold out. . . any other time and they seem out of place. What are these textures? Why velvet of course and furs too. I love the look of velvet in the winter, it looks so warm and cozy. . . . and fur? Well, I think that speaks for itself. . . For the colors, what can be more festive than a red and a green?
vintage winter wear


This look is made up of my German velvet dress, a favorite of mine, my black wool coat with faux fur collar, corde bag, original green pumps, and some thicker stockings. To round off the look, black leather gloves and a brown velvet bonnet that is from the late 30s. As for the little bits  . . .every time I wear this dress I like to pair with a small white or off white collar and then a brooch to keep the collar in place. Why collars? I like to wear  a little collar with this dress because I think it makes the dress look nicer and it is a very German touch too.
vintage winter wear


vintage winter wear
I am in love with these winter stockings right now and am so glad I bought them when I saw them. They come in their original box (and sticker labels too), are a silk and wool blend, and are so soft. They also still have that iconic seam up the back too. When I bought them in the summer, I had every intention of wearing them in the winter so I guess it does pay to plan ahead. What is really interesting about these stockings is that they feel and stretch (a little) almost like extra fine T - Shirt fabric and that makes me think that I could almost reproduce these . . .finding the material may be an adventure though trying to get that balance of the look, feel, and movement of the originals.
vintage winter wear

vintage winter wear
Well there you have it, a quick little winter outfit of mine made up of some of my favorite pieces . . .