Sabtu, 20 Januari 2018

A Touch of Red with My Blue Diamond Dress


vintage winter wear 1940s Lutterloh
Today is another quick winter outfit of mine that I like for those 'lighter' days where it is still chilly out but not really unbearable. When these pictures were taken, the snow had not yet fallen (but the temperatures sure had) so this is a winter look without the snow. For this look, I chose my blue diamond dress which is a Lutterloh make too from my 1940 book. This dress was a lot of fun to make and is one that I have worn a lot already even though I cut the bodice a little to short (oops). I made this dress last year, and have blogged about it a couple of times, or so and since then I have worn it a great deal and with many collars too.
vintage winter wear 1940s Lutterloh
Detail of Bodice

vintage winter wear 1940s Lutterloh
For this look in particular, I loved the look of the navy dress and original 40s hat paired with a bright and festive color: red. What can be more holiday and festive and fun than a touch of red to an outfit that with out it would have looked rather drab? For my winter red accessories, I have a corsage of little red berries that I got for not even a buck at a craft store. I wear these a lot in the winter because I think they really pop. This is also a great example of that you do not have to pay a lot of coin to get something to enhance your vintage look. Another element of red I added were my gloves. I had been searching high and low for a pair of red gloves to wear in the winter and earlier this year I found them. Since then, I have found myself wearing these babies a lot with my stuff. It is amazing what a colorful glove can really do .
vintage winter wear 1940s Lutterloh
Besides the obviously wonderful popping of red, I chose some sparkle too with a shoe clip that I have been wearing as a brooch. Some of my first vintage jewelry pieces were actually shoe clips that had long ago lost their mates . . .I have some that are complete but most of mine are just the singles. Since these are normally still pretty sturdy with their robust clips and design, they make easy brooches that stay in place easily and with no fussy pin. Single shoe clips now have another life, yes?
Here, I am using a shoe clip to keep my white netted collar in place. Wearing a netted collar with this dress is so easy to do and it gives it an extra something each time I wear this dress.
vintage winter wear 1940s Lutterloh


there you are, an other winter outfit of mine for your viewing pleasure . .  . .all though not all that festive to start with, I think the red really elevates it and gives it that special touch. Sometimes it is quite something how a little bit here and there can take an everyday look and make it another . . . .